Jo Ann Alston, CID
Principal, J. Stephens Interiors
Recognized by her peers for design excellence, Jo Ann Alston brings 30 years of experience and consummate skills to create interior designs of exceptional beauty, comfort and grace. Her ability to meld European and Asian influences into stunning traditional and contemporary interiors—including exquisite interpretations of Classic, Modern and French styles— is reflective of her extensive travels and study of cultures abroad. This is further enhanced by the exclusive sources she's established in New York City, California and England.
Clients marvel at the in-depth manner in which she assesses their needs and her total commitment to achieving that vision. They also appreciate her unique talent for resolving unanticipated issues with brilliant solutions that please all. Architects, builders and contractors rely on her professional expertise in planning and designing spaces, lighting, windows, doors, and other structural elements. And her close attention to detail ensures everything is implemented to exact specification. Elegant. Delightful. Surprising. Enduring. Just a few of the distinctive qualities that define Jo Ann Alston's work.
Professional Credentials and Recognition
- National Top 100 designers by Blink 2017 & 2018
- Certified Interior Designer, New Jersey and Illinois
- Member, American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- Silver and Bronze Awards for Design Excellence, NJ Chapter of ASID
- Top 50 New Jersey Interior Designers, NJ Savvy Living Magazine
- Interior Design Instructor, Ray College of Design and Illinois Institute of Art
- Featured in, Today’s Historic Interiors, published by Schiffer, 2011
- Wrote forward for, Nursery Décor, to be published by Schiffer, 2012
- Member Color Marketing Group
- Member of Preservation New Jersey
Also works in association with the Decoration & Design Building in New York City, serving clients on the Upper East and Upper West Sides of Manhattan, as well as other areas of the city.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Northern Illinois University, minor in Art History
- Historic Preservation studies at Drew University